Choosing to shop with Winnie Store means you’ve placed a great deal of trust in us. In sharing your personal information we hope you in return benefit from a tailored and convenient shopping experience. With trust comes responsibility and we take this responsibility very seriously.
This Privacy Notice helps you to understand how we use your personal information, who we share it with and the rights that you have.
This Privacy Notice applies if you shop on our website. retail websites, if you otherwise share your personal information with us, for example if you contact us with a query or we send you marketing.
We change the terms of this Privacy Notice from time to time and you should check it regularly. The last updated date is shown at the beginning of the document. If we make any material changes we will take steps to bring it to your attention.
The lawful bases we use to process data
We will only ever process your information if we have a lawful basis to do so. The lawful bases we rely on are;
- Contract – This is where we process your information to fulfil a contractual arrangement we have made with you.
- Consent – This is where we have asked you to provide explicit permission to process your data for a particular purpose.
- Legitimate Interests – This is where we rely on our interests as a reason for processing, generally this is to provide you with the best products and service in the most secure and appropriate way.
The information we collect and how we use it
To ensure the Website and the services we offer you operate properly (Legitimate Interest)
- We use other cookies and similar technologies to help us understand how you use the site, this allows us to optimise your shopping experience and continually improve our site.
- We gather information about the devices you use to access our sites (desktop and mobile) for example your IP address and device type, to ensure the site is secure and works across multiple platforms.
- We use information for Logistics planning, demand forecasting, management information, dealing with errors on our site, and general research and development.
To develop and improve our products, range and services (Legitimate Interest)
- We share insights about our customers (in an anonymised and aggregated format) with the companies whose products we sell. This helps them better understand the different profiles of our customers, focusing on those who buy their products or are interested in them.
- We may contact you to take part in customer satisfaction surveys, if you respond we collect your feedback and contributions (customer feedback). We use this information to develop the services we offer.
- We use information about how you browse and engage with our website to improve our websites.
- We use all information, including third party data in the development of new products, services and systems to ensure they work as expected and will be useful to our customers.
Third Parties we share data with and receive data from
We work with a number of trusted third parties to provide you high quality goods and services. Anybody we work with is subject to stringent security and data privacy assessments before we begin to do business with them and on an ongoing basis.
- Delivery Partners – Helping us to deliver the goods you order to you including our brand partners that dispatch and deliver goods to you directly.
- Marketing Companies and Online Advertising – Helping us to manage our electronic communications to you and to help us show you the advertising you are most likely to be interested in, Companies that provide marketing and advertising assistance (including management of email marketing operations, mobile messaging services such as SMS, and services that deploy advertising on the internet or social media platforms, such as Facebook and Google) as well as analysis of the effectiveness of our advertising and communications campaigns.
- We use technologies such as cookies, pixels, and device ID’s within digital marketing networks, ad exchanges and social media networks such as Facebook’s Custom Audience to get relevant marketing messages across to you.
- Payment processors – Payment card processors to process credit and debit card payments and store payment information; for example Stripe and Paypal.
- General service companies – Such as printers and mailing houses that assist us in providing our products and services.
- Regulators and the Police – We will share data with regulators and other official bodies (including law enforcement) if they make formal requests or pursuant to legal proceedings.
If you use any third-party apps, websites or services to access our services, your usage is subject to the relevant third party’s terms and conditions, cookies policy, and privacy notice. For example, if you interact with us on social media, your use is subject to the terms and conditions and privacy notices of the relevant social media platform (Facebook, Twitter etc.). The same stands if you use third-party services, like Ebay, as your use of the service is subject to their applicable terms and conditions. We may be required to share customer information relating to transactions and use of such third party services with that third party.